The Team Jackulator Forums
July 04, 2024, 12:57:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: tracfone complaint.  (Read 615 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:56:41 pm »

until today I would have recommended a tracfone to anyone who wants a cell phone just for emergencies or if they're like me and almost never use their phone

all was well - I used about 30 minutes on my phone in 2 months, and was happy that at even twice that rate I was basically paying $8 a month for my phone

but then about a week ago I realized I'd let my phone drain all the way down for the first time, and even though I was worried about maybe having to do something special to turn it back on after it was charged I told myself that couldn't be the case - that after it was charged it'd be all set and ready to go

after I charged it and the screen said 'charging complete' I unhooked it from the charger and it won't turn on - I can't get the screen to display anything - I tried computer type stuff like holding the power button in for a while and various button combinations, but the only way to get the screen to even light up is to plug it back into the charger, but the only screen it shows is the 'charging battery' screen and a few minutes later 'charging complete' - that's it

so after jumping through a bunch of hoops at tracfone.com I submitted a support request, but I didn't hear back until the next day

their response was brief - basically said that to troubleshoot it further they'd need me to call, and if my phone was broken I'd need a new one and they would transfer my minutes from my broken phone to my new one when I called, so just incase troubleshooting didn't work I decided to go buy another phone and  charge it up - none of the three stores I went to had the same model I bought at the end of June - I had a clamshell fliptop style that I really loved before but they didn't have any of those - just a shitty stick rectangle thing and a smaller one that looked like a mini cordless house phone - both looked much cheesier than the one I had before... but I got the cheapest one and took it home and charged it

so after it charged I called them back - long story sort of short - they can't transfer the fucking minutes from one phone to the other in MY case because the phone won't turn on - in order to transfer the 530+ minutes and a few months of service I'd need to deactivate the old phone and then give tracfone two weeks (2 whole weeks) to gather my data for the transfer

luckily I bought the new goddamn phone since my only option was going without a phone for two weeks - so basically even though I have a lifetime double minutes card - I had to buy new minutes for this phone and I'm almost positive they're gonna say - no fuck that you're not getting double minutes on your new phone - or at least on the minutes I bought for the interim 2-week period, so the 60 min card I just bought is actually probably just gonna be 60 min instead of 120 after my OLD minutes get added - plus I think the double minutes card is only 'for the life of the phone' - so I may have to buy a new double minutes card - which would be fucking gay

the thing that sucks - the phone is still under warranty, but I can't find the receipt - I got it at walmart I think - but either way, with this kind of service I'm pretty sure it'd be like pulling teeth getting a replacement for my broken phone, which I liked much better

I really hope they don't tell me I have to buy a new double minutes card.. that would really really suck.

R2Bl3nd
"I've got balls of steel."
MISSING IN ACTION
old pro

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:27:38 pm »

I was thinking of a few options to get the phone to turn on.

1. Buy a new battery (on ebay or craigslist or something), and see if it works.
2. Try just taking out the battery and putting it back in (which I'm sure you've done, but whateer)
3. Open it up, and see if there's some internal reset button.
4. Buy a working phone off ebay or craigslist, and then switch out its main board with the one in your old phone.

What are your thoughts on these options?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: